0800 254 5066 - Call An Expert Partner Free Today

How to make your own claim

  • Find out below  the steps for making your own claim 
  • How to claim directly against your advice firm or SIPP firm
  • Where to go to if your advice firm rejects your complaint
  • Where to go to if your advive firm has ceased to trade

How to make a claim yourself

How To Make A Claim Directly Against Your Advice Firm

You do not have to make use of our service. You can complain against the firm that gave you financial advice yourself. Just write to them, or email them, and set out your concerns and ask them to put things right.

Remember that you cannot claim simply because you have lost money. You will need to be able to demonstrate that the advice that the firm gave you was unsuitable.

For example did their advice match your attitude to risk?

What If Your Advice Firm Rejects Your Claim?

Your advice firm should respond to your claim in line with their published complaints policy. If you are not happy with their response you may be able to forward your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The FOS will appoint a member of their team to investigate your complaint. They will ask for the evidence that you hold, and ask the firm to respond to them.

They can ask the advice firm to compensate you appropriately if they agree that you have a valid claim.

What If Your Advice Firm Has Ceased To Trade?

If the firm that originally gave you advice is no longer trading, you may be able to seek compensation via the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If you visit their website you can check to see if the firm has been declared in "default."

If it has, you should be able to make a claim. You can do this online at the FSCS website.

The FSCS will then investigate your claim and, if they agree that it is valid, they should be able to make an offer of compensation directly  to you.

When Could You Use Our Service?

Using the above steps should tell you how to make a claim yourself yourself. However, if you find the process daunting, or you feel that you may need help with more complex claims,then we can help.

We will charge a fee of 20% inclusive of VAT if we win compensation for you - and we will not make any charge if we do not win an offer of compensation for you.

If you are unhappy with an FSCS claim rejection, we can also investigate that for you.

Useful Links

The FOS Website: 

The FSCS Website: 

The FCA Register: 

Use Our Service:

want to use our service? call free 0800 254 5066

Or Email A Partner Directly Here


1 Elveley Drive, West Ella, Hull HU10 7RT

01756 860002